On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…a Christmas Swan Cocktail!
If anyone cares to reenact the Twelve Days of Christmas for me, I’d rather they made me these cocktails over a menagerie of birds gifted in the original version. Seriously…I’ll take an easy Christmas cocktail over a gift of birds. What would I do with a bunch of french hens, calling birds, geese, and swans wandering around my backyard anyway, we are not even zoned for domestic wildlife?! Let’s just forget about all the poultry and concentrate on more delicious cocktails!
Take This Christmas Swan cocktail for example, which pays homage a semi-famous drink called the Black Swan, made with vodka, lemonade, and raspberries. This version consists of frozen lemon and raspberry sorbet “swans” swimming in a nice pool of St Germaine and champagne. Easy enough to whip up in two minutes, but elegant enough that you might want to wait for New Year’s Eve to feature this!
Christmas Swan Cocktail
- 1 Scoop Raspberry Sorbet
- 1 Scoop Lemon Sorbet
- 1 oz. Elderflower Liqueur (St Germain)
- Dry Brut Champagne to fill
Add a scoop of raspberry sorbet to a champagne flute, then add the scoop of lemon sorbet. Pour the St Germaine over, then fill the glass with champagne. Serve immediately.
Twelve Days of Christmas Cocktails
- First Day of Christmas: Gingered Pear Margarita
- Second Day of Christmas: Bourbon Caramel Turtle Milkshake
- Third Day of Christmas: Christmas Ruby French 75
- Fourth Day of Christmas: Raspberry Snowtini Cocktail
- Fifth Day of Christmas: Five Golden Rings Cocktail
- Sixth Day of Christmas: Egg Nog Old Fashioned
- Seventh Day of Christmas: Christmas Swan Cocktail
- Eighth Day of Christmas: Espresso Milk Punch Cocktail
- Ninth Day of Christmas: Mandarin Fig Brandy Cocktail
- Tenth Day of Christmas: Ten Lords-a-Leaping Ale
- Eleventh Day of Christmas: Amaretto Mulled Wine
- Twelfth Day of Christmas: Boozy Frozen Hot Chocolate (Two ways)