Custom Travel Services
Hi! Welcome to Luxe Travel Journeys. My name is Julie Cohn and I am your dedicated travel advisor!
I have over 25 years’ experience as a corporate and leisure travel agent, meetings and group specialist, and travel writer. My first passion in life was writing, as an English Pre-Law major in college. I planned to go to law school, but after a detour as a technical writer for a travel agency creating their travel training manual, the travel bug officially bit. Over the years, I have worked with several travel agencies, but most of my experience was as a corporate travel agent, onsite manager, and meeting planner for Rosenbluth International, once one of the largest corporate travel agencies in the world. When we moved to Arizona eighteen years ago with a 1 year old, I become a stay-at-home mom, and ran a small travel agency for three years. As my son grew, I focused more on my family and became the quintessential classroom Mom, school office assistant, carpool chaperone, and PTA President. Ten years ago, I relinquished my helicopter mom license and went back to working as a food and travel writer/blogger. I’ve always wanted to get back into travel consulting, incorporating my travel writing with my love as a travel agent, so a year ago I started Cork Fork & Passport Travel…and here we are!
I have traveled extensively alone and with family, so I know destinations firsthand. I am a detail-oriented traveler myself (otherwise known as picky) so I intuitively know what travelers want and need and strive to make every trip memorable. I can assist with a variety of travel needs, from a simple road trip to a very customized itinerary. With the power of the Virtuoso luxury network at my disposal, I am able to give my luxury clients amenities above and beyond what they may get elsewhere!
A Few Things to Know
If you would like to work with me on your next trip, here are a few things to know:
- I have over 25 years experience in the travel industry. Most of that experience is in corporate travel and meeting planning, but I also have extensive leisure experience. My specialties include luxury travel, family travel including Disney, food, wine, and cultural travel, cruises particularly river cruises, Europe travel, US travel, and glamping. Are you looking for a unique destination or experience? I’ve got it for you!
- I am very detail oriented. When I first talk to a potential client, I get caught up in the excitement of planning a trip, so gather the basics first, but once I get off the phone, I start thinking about the many details of the trip and how to make it spectacular. Please be patient with my questions, as my goal is to make your trip as memorable as possible. The more information I have, the better I can serve you. If you would like to work with me, please fill out a booking form first, so I have the information in front of me and can think of questions beforehand. I will probably still have follow-up questions, just not a million of them. Please try to be as detailed as possible when starting a booking, so I can tailor your trip for you. Tell me your destination(s), dates of travel, likes and dislikes, budget, any frequent travel numbers you have, etc. If you are not 100% set on a destination, I can help you narrow down your choices more if I know what is important to you when you travel.
- If you are looking for a low budget travel experience, I am probably not the travel agent for you. At all times I try to help my clients find the best pricing for their plans, but unlike the online budget sites, my focus is on customer service, not budget pricing. Those “budget sites” may offer low rates, but they do not offer the amenities, care, and customized service I can provide. My customers come to me for my experience, my knowledge of destinations, and for the hours and days I can save them from having to research and book a trip themselves. When you book a trip with me, the customer service does not end with your payment, it is just the beginning, and my after-booking care is second-to-none. Unforeseen problems can happen at any time while traveling, and you need a travel advisor who can guide you through those difficulties. In addition, my affiliation with Virtuoso affords me the opportunity to offer amenities my clients cannot get anywhere else, including room and cruise cabin upgrades, breakfast and resort credits, and more. I am with you every step of the way, doing everything within my power to make sure your plans go as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
- Because of those unforeseen problems, I always encourage my customers to purchase travel insurance or ensure their credit card offers travel insurance benefits. Travel Insurance protects your travel investment and offers security and assistance for whatever emergencies that happen while traveling. Some people may have travel insurance coverage with their credit cards, but if not, I always encourage my travelers to make the investment. (Note: If you do not purchase insurance through me, I will require a signed waiver.)
- My job as a professional is to have all the answers, yet sometimes I don’t. Oops, did I say that out loud?! It’s true. While I have years of experience in the travel industry, I do not know everything there is to know about constantly changing destinations, travel policies, and regulations, but I make it my business to find the facts. I value the clients who entrust me with their travel plans, and value myself as a professional, so make it a priority to continuously learn and keep up with the latest destination news, travel security regulations, and traveler benefits. I participate in seminars, educational classes, and training at least twice a month to remain current on all things travel, so I can better serve your needs. But…if I do not know the answer, I promise I will find it. I have a team of experts at my host agency, respected colleagues, preferred vendors, and my Virtuoso affiliation to go to to find the answers. The questions you ask help me to serve you better, so bring them on!
- Contacting Me: I am located in Arizona, the land of the quirky time zone. In the summer, we are on Pacific time; in the winter we are on Mountain Time. My hours are: Monday – Friday from 9am – 7pm AZ time; Saturday and Sunday by appointment only. I am a night owl so am usually up late to take emails and work on trip details. I am the only employee of Luxe Journeys, so if you cannot get hold of me, please leave me a voicemail message or email me and I will get back to you as quickly as I can. If you are on Facebook, you can also send me a message on Messenger.
- https://www.facebook.com/LuxeJourneysTravel/ (private message)
We can assist with all aspects of corporate travel including:
- Review & implementation of corporate travel policy
- Travel budget implementation & reporting
- Domestic and international air, hotel, and auto reservations.
- Small or large group/meeting needs and concierge services.
- After Hours & Emergency Services
- Negotiation of corporate travel programs
Full service leisure travel services to fit any budget:
- Domestic and international air, lodging, and auto reservations
- Cruise, tour, and customized vacation packages.
- Theme Park Travel
- River & Ocean Cruises
- Road Trip Itineraries
- Movie & Television Themed Travel
- Food & Wine Destinations
- Ski & Beach Travel
- Spa Travel
Concierge Services Include:
- Ground Transportation
- Restaurant Recommendations & Reservations
- Museum & Gallery Tickets
- Luggage Services
- Passport and Visa Services
- Music, Sport, and Theater Tickets
- Shore Excursions and Tours
- Vacation Rentals
- Travel Insurance
- Luxury Travel Special Requests