On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… a Gingered Pear Margarita!
Introducing the Twelve Days of Christmas cocktails! Each day, for the next twelve days, I will introduce a delightful new holiday cocktail recipe to celebrate the season, incorporating the classic Christmas carol, The Twelve Days of Christmas. On the first day of Christmas… a frosty Ginger Pear Margarita! This Ginger Pear Margarita is made with pears, silver tequila, and Gingercello liqueur, festively trimmed with cinnamon-sugar salt for a sweet and spicy cocktail that is perfect for the holidays.
Ginger Pear Margarita
- 2 oz. Silver Tequila
- 2 oz. Gingercello liqueur
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can of Sliced Pears
- 2 Oz. Pear Juice
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (About 3 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp. White Sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Margarita Salt
- Fresh Rosemary for garnish
- Fresh pear slice for garnish
Open the can of pears; pour the pear juice into a container and place in the fridge. Place the pear slices in a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer for 4-6 hours, until frozen. Remove the pears from the freezer and set on the counter for about 15 minutes to thaw slightly. Place 2-3 slices of the frozen pear in a blender, then add the tequila, Gingercello, pear juice, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and margarita salt on a plate. Run a piece of lemon around the rim of a 10 oz glass, then dip the rim of the glass into the cinnamon sugar/salt mixture. Carefully pour the frozen pear margarita mixture into the glass. Garnish with a fresh pear slice speared with a rosemary sprig.
Note: If you prefer your margarita on the rocks, not frozen, use about 4 oz of pear juice instead of the 2 oz of pear juice and two frozen pears.
Marble Distilling Gingercello
Marble Distilling Gingercello is handcrafted in a zero-waste sustainable distillery in Carbondale, Colorado. Made with fresh ginger and lemons, Colorado-grown grains, and crystal clear water, Marble Distilling Gingercello is a great addition to cocktails or on its own, on the rocks.
Twelve Days of Christmas Cocktail
- First Day of Christmas: Gingered Pear Margarita
- Second Day of Christmas: Bourbon Caramel Turtle Milkshake
- Third Day of Christmas: Christmas Ruby French 75
- Fourth Day of Christmas: Raspberry Snowtini Cocktail
- Fifth Day of Christmas: Five Golden Rings Cocktail
- Sixth Day of Christmas: Egg Nog Old Fashioned
- Seventh Day of Christmas: Christmas Swan Cocktail
- Eighth Day of Christmas: Espresso Milk Punch Cocktail
- Ninth Day of Christmas: Mandarin Fig Brandy Cocktail
- Tenth Day of Christmas: Ten Lords-a-Leaping Ale
- Eleventh Day of Christmas: Amaretto Mulled Wine
- Twelfth Day of Christmas: Boozy Frozen Hot Chocolate (Two ways)