- Take four jars (a canning jar is the perfect size), one for each season. If you plan for one big vacation a year, use just one jar and one set of the wish list tabs.
- Cut each season’s wish list tab strips out, then have each family member write their favorite wish list destination for that season.
- Throw the tab strips in a jar, then have one family member pull one out for your destination selection.
- Use the jars to save your pennies (and dimes…and quarters) for each family wish list trip. This is a great way to get children involved in the finances for vacation travel, and they will feel a sense of pride at being able to contribute to family trips.
- Trips do not have to be far-off destinations; they can be to the local zoo, to the mountains an hour from your house, or to a favorite ice cream parlor! You can even make one jar for a “dream” destination, and one for local activities.
Here is a printable version, so you can print the pages out for your own family. What are some of your wish list places to go?