I am happy to report that my husband and I have (almost) successfully survived the first year as empty nesters, with two months left to go for this school year. I am not going to lie, it was rough going at first, but our son has been away at college for ten months now, and we have settled into a (semi) comfortable routine. It was a big adjustment for all of us, but thankfully he still calls…especially when he needs something. My favorite way to show him we love him (and remind him of home) is to send a nice care package and Amazon Dash buttons make sending those packages super convenient! Here are a few tips for easy college care packages With Amazon Dash Buttons.
Amazon Dash Buttons
The Amazon Dash button program, exclusively for Amazon Prime members, has been available for about two years now, but I never knew how much I would use it until I had a kid at college. More than 250 products are available for order using Amazon Dash buttons, with brands like Tide, Colgate, Puffs, Bounty, Nature Valley, and more. You can order everything from household products to groceries to toiletries to office supplies with an Amazon Dash button, making it perfect for college care packages!
As a Wi-Fi connected device, the Amazon Dash button orders the things you use most with the simple click of a button, connected through Amazon by the Amazon app on iOS and Android phones. Because the button pairs with the item you select during the setup process, it reorders exactly what you need and sending it exactly where you need it sent, saving you time and money. The orders come in bulk, eliminating a trip to the warehouse store. Best of all, the $4.99 charge for each button is applied as a credit toward your first order with Amazon.
Note: In celebration of the two-year anniversary of the Amazon Dash Button, from March 31 – April 7, customers can buy an Amazon Dash Button for $0.99 and still receive a $4.99 credit back after their first press of the button.
Tips for Easy College Care Packages with Amazon
- Make sure the Amazon app is up-to-date on your phone or mobile device, in order to use Amazon Dash buttons correctly. Click here to make sure you have the latest version of the Amazon App.
- Each college living experience is unique, but almost every college kid needs the basics, such as toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, etc. Set up an Amazon dash button for each essential, so you or your college student can re-order their favorite shampoo, toothpaste, vitamins, tissues. etc.
- Amazon Dash buttons are available for non-perishable grocery products too, so you can click the button and order food and drinks for your college student. Amazon has all the best college snacks, including Goldfish crackers, Doritos, and Hershey’s. With my sons busy schedule, he does not always have time for breakfast before class, so a Nature Valley protein bar is a perfect breakfast on the go.
- College students go through a lot of printer paper, print cartridges, and pens, so make sure you have Amazon Dash buttons set up for office product essentials as well. My son owns one of the few printers on his floor and goes through print cartridges every other month. An HP print cartridge Amazon Dash button is my re-order speed dial!
- Grandparents and friends can set up Amazon Dash buttons to send care packages as well. I sometimes send care packages to my sons best friends, and with the Amazon dash buttons already set up with their favorite things, ordering and shipping to them is easy; I don’t even have to look up an address because it’s already attached to the button in my settings.
- I keep the Amazon dash buttons for all my sons orders in a basket in the laundry room right now, but he is going to be in an apartment next year, so I will be giving the Amazon buttons to him. I glued magnetic strips to the back of each button so he can hang them on his apartment refrigerator.
- Don’t know what to send, but you know they need something? Amazon has a Dash button for gift cards too! Just click the button and Amazon will send a gift card to your college student in the amount you set up in your Amazon Dash button settings.
- College students (whether they like it or not) need cleaning supplies. You can order Clorox Wipes, Bounty paper towels, Tide detergent, and other cleaning and laundry supplies to be shipped right to their dorm. Hopefully those extra supplies will encourage them to clean to do laundry more? A mom can hope, right?
- Sometimes empty nesters need supplies too, so I have several Amazon Dash buttons for us to use at home. Tissues for a sad momma? Check. Peet’s Coffee for my husbands coffee habit? Check. Now….where is that Amazon Dash button for wine?
The Bottom Line
Amazon Dash buttons make life easier and more cost-effective when it comes to ordering supplies for your college kids. For more information about the Amazon Dash button program, please check out the Amazon website.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.