Thank you SAFEWAY, ALBERTSONS, & VONS for sponsoring this post. Check out the new Signature family of brands from SAFEWAY, ALBERTSONS, & VONS with more than 4,000 Signature products available and a 100% money-back guarantee.
Our family always makes an effort to have dinner together every night (despite our busy schedules), but with only a few short months before my son goes away to college, family dinner is especially precious. This is our one time each day to disconnect from all the craziness of life and reconnect with each other. We look forward to our family dinners, so I make a real effort to have our dinners be wholesome, hearty, and delicious.
This Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice, made with Signature products from Safeway, Albertsons, and Vons is a dinnertime favorite in my house, one of #MySignatureMoments . Learn out how I use Signature products in our home, plus grab my delicious recipe for Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice, then enter for a chance to win a $25 gift card to a Safeway, Albertsons, or Vons store near you!
What are Signature products? Signature is an exclusive collection of high quality food and consumer goods at value pricing. I get the same quality in Signature products as I would get in typical “name brand” products, without the “name brand” pricing, and because Signature products are 100% money back guaranteed, I have piece of mind in every product I purchase.
- The new Signature line, available exclusively at Safeway, Albertsons, and Vons, includes more than 4,000 items including fresh produce, meats, frozen foods, pantry staples, paper products, cleaning supplies, and so much more!
- The Signature brand includes six product sectors – Signature SELECT ™ , Signature Kitchens ™, Signature Farms ™ , Signature Cafe ® , Signature Home ™ , and Signature Care ™. I can find Signature products in almost every aisle of my local Safeway and Albertson stores!
- I purchase my Signature products locally at Safeway and Albertsons, but they are exclusive to and and carried by all 18 banners of the Albertsons Companies family of stores across the country, including Vons, Acme, Amigos, Carrs/Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Market Street, Pavilions, Randalls, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Express, United Supermarkets, and Tom Thumb.
- Safeway, Albertsons, & Vons invites shoppers to join in the conversation by sharing your Signature stories, photos, and video online, using the hashtag #MySignatureMoments
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 16757,16756,16749″ limit=”3″ width=”175″ height=”175″ title=”never”][su_custom_gallery source=”media: 16313,14865,14703,14272″ title=”never”][/su_custom_gallery]
Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice
Have you ever had Thai-style pineapple rice? This sweet and savory rice dish, made with juicy teriyaki chicken, pan-fried rice, pineapple, and vegetables, then topped with crunchy cashews and wonton strips, is the ultimate comfort food.
- 1 c. Signature Long Grain White Rice
- 2 c. Water
- 1 Bottle Signature Sesame & Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
- 4 Signature Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1/3 c. Carrot, minced
- 1/3 c. Onion, minced
- 1/4. c. Cooked Ham, minced
- 1/2 c. Signature Frozen Green Peas
- 1 can Signature Sliced Water Chestnuts
- (20 oz) Can Pineapple Chunks (Do not drain)
- 2 Tbsp. Signature Soy Sauce
- 1/4 c. Roasted Cashews (Optional)
- 1/4 c. Signature Wonton Strips (Optional)
Make the rice according to package directions, then thoroughly drain the rice and set in the refrigerator to cool for about 3-4 hours. Place the chicken breasts in a large dish and pour the sesame + ginger teriyaki marinade over the chicken, flipping the chicken to coat well. Place the chicken in the refrigerator for a few hours, flipping the chicken after about 2 hours to thoroughly coat. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the chicken in a large square of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake the chicken for about 25 minutes, then open the foil and bake another 5-8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and set aside to cool.
Place the sesame oil in a large stir fry pan and heat on medium. Add the minced onion, carrot, and ham and saute for about 4-5 minutes. Add the peas and water chestnuts and saute for another 1-2 minutes. Add the chilled rice a little at a time, tossing together with the vegetables. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium high Add the pineapple chunks and juice from the pineapples, as well as the soy sauce.
Toss together to mix in the pineapple and soy sauce. Simmer on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until pineapple juice is absorbed. While the rice is simmering, slice the chicken into small chunks and add to the rice. Toss in 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, turn the burner up to medium high, and crisp the rice a little, stirring frequently so it does not burn. Serve immediately with roasted cashews and won ton strips.
For more information about Signature products, visit the website of your favorite Safeway, Albertsons, or Vons store. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.