Do you love blues music? The Bradenton Blues Festival, taking place in Bradenton, Florida December 2-4, 2016 is a must for ultimate blues fans! This two-day blues festival features good food, good fun, and of course, lots and lots of good music.
Bradenton Blues Festival
Blues411 Radio lists The Bradenton Blues Festival as the top blues festival in the United States, and for good reason. The line-up includes funk, jazz, samba, and blues band Ari and the Alibi’s, up-and-coming musician Damon Fowler, blues and soul musician Slam Allen, harmonica and guitar blues musician Mark Hummel and His Golden State Lone Star Revue, harmonica musician Jason Ricci, Chicago-style blues musican Sugar Ray and the Bluetones, guitar musician Larry McCray, boogie-woogie Florida favorite Victor Wainwright & the Wildroots, and Chicago blues and soul musician Ronnie Baker Brooks, son of blue legend Lonnie Brooks. What a powerhouse of talent all in one place!
The Bradenton Blues Festival kicks off with a free mini “appetizer” concert on Friday, December 2nd, the main event is on Saturday, December 3rd, and the festival wraps up on the Sunday the 4th with a blues brunch at the Courtyard Bradenton Riverfront. In previous years, over 3,000 people from 27 states and five countries attended the Bradenton Blues Festival, so get your tickets early!
Take a peek at last years festival:
Need to Know
- The festival takes place at the Bradenton Riverwalk Pavillion on the Manatee River.
- Advance tickets for the festival are $30 for adults, $20 for students, and $10 per child (ages 5 -11). The Sunday brunch is $30 per person. Group tickets and reserve front-of-stage tickets are also available. Children 4 and under are free. No tickets are required for the Friday night mini concert. Tickets will be $45 per person at the gate.
- The festival is handicap accessible.
- A personal bag, blankets, chairs, sunscreen, and cameras are allowed.
- Do not bring any outside food and beverages. Vendors will be on-site for food and drink purchases.
- Pets are not allowed at the festival.
- Smoking in designated areas only
- Camping and RV parking is available but not on-site. Visit the Bradenton Visitors Center for more information.
- Public and paid parking is available. Please see the parking map for more information.
- Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport is 8 miles away
- St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport is 36 miles away
- Tampa International Airport is 44 miles away
Where to Stay
- The Courtyard Bradenton Riverfront
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown
- The Londener Bed and Breakfast
- Twin Dolphin Marina (for boats)